This crab dip recipe is tasty and easy to prepare — even less of a hassle if you make it ahead and refrigerate or freeze it until it’s needed. The contributor notes that her family, having experimented with many types of crackers, recommends Ritz as the best complement for the dip.
We also like to serve this dip in a crusty bread bowl.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated American cheese (approximately 1/2 pound)
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced dried onion
- 14 to 16 ounces frozen or canned crab meat and/or imitation crab meat