The Yankee Magazine webcam is mounted at our headquarters in Dublin, New Hampshire, on the side of the Thomas Building, named for the founder of The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Robert B. Thomas (editor from 1792 to 1846). Our accounting, circulation, and information services departments are located in this building. The webcam image is updated once a minute.
The red building on the left is the Sagendorph Building, part of the headquarters of Yankee Publishing Inc., publishers of The Old Farmer’s Almanac and YANKEE magazine. The building is named for Robb Sagendorph (Almanac editor from 1941-1970), founder of Yankee magazine and the 11th editor of The Old Farmer’s Almanac. The portion of the building in view dates from 1805. Several construction projects undertaken between 1964 and the present have added a considerable amount of office space that is out of view of the camera.
NEW! Streaming video. You can now view our webcam live without interruption:
The parking lot in the center of the frame is used by the employees of Yankee Publishing and, occasionally, Dublin citizenry. You might see a fire truck or water truck on the far right, as the Dublin Fire Hall is located next door.
This sculpture on the lawn between the two halves of the parking lot actually casts a shadow on the inside of the rings to indicate the time. This armillary sphere is all that remains of a sculpture garden originally constructed in the 1950s.
This large white building immediately across the street was constructed in 1881, and is the seat of the local government for the Village of Dublin, New Hampshire.
To the left of the Town Hall, (not visible) the Dublin Police Department occupies a small building, the 1493 House, indicating the highest elevation (1,493 feet above sea level), of any village center in New Hampshire. The next white building, to the left of the Town Hall, was formerly Worcester’s Garage. It is now the home of AVA Restoration Services — a BMW service specialist.
The steeple of the Dublin Community Church rises behind the Sagendorph Building. Built in 1852, the church gained notoriety during the Hurricane of ’38, when winds snapped the steeple off the building, spun it around, and plunged it back through the roof of the church.
Just visible behind the Sagendorph Building is the former Dublin General store. It is now the Dublin Community Center, also known as the “Dub-Hub” and contains two small residential apartments.
This view of Yankee‘s backyard in Dublin, New Hampshire, shows our maple tree to the right. In the center is the John Pierce Memorial Garden, dedicated to our long-time editor, publisher, and friend.