This old-fashioned dessert is always popular. We’ve seen some similar recipes in 19th-century cookbooks that went by the name of “ bird’s-nest pudding” or “crow’s-nest pudding.”
Learn more about this peach cobbler recipe.
Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 4 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
InstructionsPreheat oven to 400°. Melt butter and pour into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Add peaches. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over peaches, dust with nutmeg and cinnamon, and stir together.
In a medium-size bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with flour, baking powder, and milk. Stir until smooth. Pour over peaches. Bake until top is golden, 30—40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream if you like.