Mary Q's Apple Crisp
This dessert, with a topping rich in butter and cinnamon, is also delicious made with blueberries, peaches, or raspberries.
Total Time: 25
Yield: 8 servings
- 12 apples, peeled and sliced 1/3 inch thick (we like to mix tender—tart McIntosh with firm—sweet Pink Lady or Golden Delicious)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350°. Melt butter over low heat.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Drop in eggs and mix until crumbly (the mixture will look like streusel).
Spread sliced apples in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Distribute topping over apples, then drizzle with butter. Sprinkle cinnamon. Bake 45 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.