Chicken Breasts in Morel Cream Sauce
Total Time: 30
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups whole morel mushrooms (or 10 ounces dried)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped, with a pinch reserved for garnish
InstructionsClean, stem, and slice mushrooms. Set aside.
In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat butter and oil on medium-high heat.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breasts. In a shallow bowl, dredge breasts in flour. Shake off excess; then place chicken in hot skillet. Cook without moving until browned on one side (about 3 minutes); then flip and brown other side. Reduce heat to medium.
Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add wine and increase heat to high. Cook until wine has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Lower heat to medium and slowly stir in cream and all but a generous pinch of thyme. When chicken is cooked through (cut to test), remove from heat. Just before serving, squeeze lemon juice over chicken, check seasonings, and garnish with reserved thyme.