Hawaiian Wedding Cake Recipe
We’re delighted that this Hawaiian weddding cake recipe, which uses pineapple as its main ingredient, made its way to New England. It’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious — great for a party. The cake itself is so moist and full of flavor that it would be almost as good without the frosting.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
For the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice (do not drain)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped nuts
InstructionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
To make the cake, sift the flour and soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Pour into the baking pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract