Hawaiian Wedding Cake Recipe
Photo By: Jen Perez
We’re delighted that this Hawaiian weddding cake recipe, which uses pineapple as its main ingredient, made its way to New England. It’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious — great for a party. The cake itself is so moist and full of flavor that it would be almost as good without the frosting.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
For the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice (do not drain)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped nuts
InstructionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
To make the cake, sift the flour and soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Pour into the baking pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract