Trade Winds Muffins
“These muffins are always a big hit with our guests.” — Edgewater Farm Bed and Breakfast, Sebasco Estates, Maine
Yield: Makes 12 to 14 muffins.
- 1 small package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Blend in the egg. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl and add to the sugar-egg mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in the drained pineapple.
Sprinkle the nuts in the bottoms of greased or paper-lined muffin tins and fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.