Sugar-on-Snow Party Pancakes
Photo By: Hendrickson, Corey
Not only are these fluffy pancakes delicious, they’re also made with protein-rich ricotta cheese, which will give you a welcome energy boost on a chilly early spring morning.
Total Time: 35
Yield: 16 pancakes
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
InstructionsUsing an electric hand mixer or a whisk, combine ricotta, flour, baking powder, salt, and half the cream. (Batter will be stiff and lumpy; don't worry.)
In a separate bowl, beat together remaining cream, syrup, eggs, and vanilla, plus almond extract (if you like).
Stir into ricotta mixture and whisk a couple of minutes. Lumps will lessen but not disappear; let rest 10 minutes to smooth out the batter.
Ladle onto on a hot, well-greased griddle. Flip when cakes bubble all over the top. Serve with butter and more maple syrup.