Stir-Fried Asparagus with Chicken
Slices of asparagus are stir-fried until crisp-tender and then combined with lightly cooked strips of chicken and toasted sesame seeds.
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, peeled, and sliced diagonally
- 1 large chicken breast boned, skinned, and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
Instructions1. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, then blend in the soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir in the sugar and garlic. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the asparagus and stir-fry over high heat for 30 seconds or until bright green and crisp-tender. Transfer to a large plate.
3. Pour more oil into the pan if necessary, then add the chicken. Stir-fry until firm. Return the asparagus to the pan. Stir-fry briefly to heat through and pour in the soy sauce mixture. Continue stirring over high heat until the sauce bubbles and thickens. Sprinkle on the sesame seed and serve.