Steak and Gorgonzola Pizza
This rich combination was voted #1 at a pizza party a few years ago; it was invented by Joe and Sonya’s neighbor, Lauri Doleva.
Total Time: 40
Yield: two 12-inch pizzas
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- Flour (for dusting)
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 8 medium onions
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, cut into thumb-size chunks
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and pepper. Add meat and turn a few times to coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When you're ready to bake, heat oven to 500°. In a large saut