Shrimp in Tomato Sauce with Feta Cheese
This recipe is easy to prepare — and the sauce is great, especially with warmed bread.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
InstructionsSaute the onion in butter and oil in a large, heavy pan.
When the onion is soft, add wine, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Stir in feta cheese and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or just until shrimp are pink. Don't overcook or the shrimp will be chewy.
Sprinkle with parsely.
Serve with warmed sourdough bread on the side.