Total Time: 35
Yield: 20 pancakes
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup water, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for rolling dough
- 12 scallions, green part only, washed, dried, and thinly sliced
InstructionsIn the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, butter, and salt; pulse until the mixture resembles cornmeal. While pulsing, pour 3/4 cup water through the machine’s feed tube in a steady stream until the dough comes together. If the dough doesn’t come together, add remaining water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Turn the mixture onto a work table and knead together once or twice to combine. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Divide the dough into 20 equal balls; cover with a towel to keep dough moist. On a well-floured surface, roll a piece of dough into a round 7 to 8 inches in diameter. Brush with oil and sprinkle with scallions. Starting at one edge, roll up the dough jellyroll fashion, then coil the roll into a spiral, like a cinnamon roll. Set the spiral aside, cover, and roll and shape the remaining balls.
Roll each piece again into a 7- to 8-inch circle. Remember to keep covered. Warm a heavy saut