Santa Fe Chicken
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 green onions
- 4 pieces frozen boneless chicken
- 2 8-oz. cans green chiles or 8-12 Tbsp. prepared salsa
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1" triangles
- 2 15-oz. cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 14-oz. cans tomatoes, diced, drained
- 2 6-oz. cans black California olives, drained and sliced
InstructionsPreheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray inside of 3 1/2 or 4-quart
cast iron Dutch oven and lid with canola oil.
Open cans of beans, drain and rinse well. Pour in a layer across
bottom of pot.
Slice green onion into rings and arrange on bean layer. Rinse
chicken and arrange on top of onions. If using chiles, blanket
the chicken with them. If using salsa, spoon over the chicken,
using as much or as little according to taste. Add bell peppers,
corn, tomatoes and olives in layers.
Cover and bake for 48 minutes or until the aroma wafts from the