This is another classic sauce from Catalonia, Spain. It is typically served with grilled fish or poultry.
Total Time: 10
Yield: about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 10-ounce jar piquillo* or other roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, preferably pepperoncino
- 2/3 cup Marcona almonds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon spicy smoked paprika, preferably pimenton de la Vera
- Salt and pepper, to taste
InstructionsPour 1 tablespoon olive oil into saute pan and place over medium heat. Add crushed garlic; heat until garlic is golden in color.
In a food processor, puree garlic, peppers, hot pepper flakes, almonds, vinegar, and paprika. Slowly drizzle in remaining olive oil until a nice emulsion is formed. Add salt and pepper to taste.