Real Hot Chocolate
Total Time: 10
Yield: 3 servings
- 1-1/2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a pinch to garnish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch table salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Whipped cream
InstructionsCombine ingredients (except whipped cream) in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring often, until milk is steaming but not boiling (reduce heat as needed) and chocolate melts.
Serve with whipped cream and garnish with ground cinnamon.