- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch nutmeg, for baking the pumpkin
- 1 pinch cinnamon, for baking the pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup sherry wine or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed to a smoothpaste with some water
- grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
InstructionsCut a slice off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out seed.
Use to make Spicy Roasted Butternut (the butternut seeds can be replaced with the pumpkin) Seeds recipe #50958 or your favorite recipe.
Brush the inside of the pumpkin with melted butter season with nutmeg and cinnamon place on cookie sheet with tops on and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan saute scallions and garlic for 2 minutes add wine or sherry, and cornstarch paste heat and then add the cheeses to the simmering wine, stir in a zig zag rather than circular motion to help break up the cheese.
Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Heat gently stirring till melted and combined. If to thick can add some water or chicken broth to thin.
Pour into baked pumpkin sprinkle with paprika and serve with apple, pears, celery, peppers, cubes of crusty bread cooked shrimp, cooked chicken, and or cooked potato skins .
Instead of making the paste you can also dust the cheese cubes with the cornstarch then add to the warmed wine.