Pinto Bean and Red Potato Chowder
I have worked out another recipe for soup recently. I thought to share this one due to its simplicity.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3/4 cup pinto beans cleaned, washed and cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 large carrot, halved (length wise) and sliced
- 3 medium red potatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (white or yellow)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
InstructionsPlace pinto beans in cooking pot with four inches of water to cover beans. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat, cover pot. Let it sit for 1 hour and place back on stove and bring to boil once more. Set on simmer.
Meanwhile prepare all vegetables. In a medium soup pot, pour olive oil and heat over medium high burner. Once oil is hot, add onion and celery; saut