Shredded raw parsnips are marinated in an orange-and-rum flavored dressing, then blended with sour cream.
Yield: Serves 6
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound parsnips, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
Instructions1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, rum, and sugar. Whisk in the oil, then blend in the ginger.
2. Add the parsnips to the liquid and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover the bowl. Place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, and then blend in the sour cream. Transfer to a salad bowl and serve lightly chilled.