New England Cold-Water Fish with Lemon and Dill
This simple and versatile dish can be made with most firm, white-fleshed fish and can be roasted in whole filets or cooked as individual portions.
Total Time: 20
Yield: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless cod filet, cut into 4 equal portions
- 2 ounces melted butter or olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, including zest, segments, and juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
InstructionsHeat oven to 450°. Arrange fish in a shallow roasting pan lined with parchment paper, leaving a bit of space between the portions. Spoon butter or olive oil over the fish, making sure a little goes underneath. Season with salt. Cook 10 minutes per 1 inch of thickness, remove from oven, and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
In a small bowl, combine lemon, herbs, and extra-virgin olive oil. Spoon over fish before serving.