Lemon Cottage Pancakes
The Inn at the Round Barn Farm, Waitsfield, Vermont
Yield: 4 servings
- * 1 cup cottage cheese
- * 4 eggs
- * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- * 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- * A pinch of lemon zest
- * Raspberry Maple Syrup (recipe follows)
InstructionsWith a mixer, blend the cottage cheese in a large bowl. With the mixer running, add the eggs and flour, then slowly pour in the butter. Stir in the lemon juice and zest by hand. The mixture should be thick. Cook on a hot greased griddle until golden, but be careful not to overcook. The pancakes should be moist and should spring back to the touch. Serve with Raspberry Maple Syrup.
Raspberry Maple Syrup
* 1 cup Vermont maple syrup (grade B dark amber has the best flavor for cooking)
* 2/3 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
* 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
Combine the maple syrup, raspberries, and jam in a medium-sized no-stick saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes until the mixture has thickened.