In Italian, a “spiedo” is a spit, and “spiedini” are skewers of meat or fish grilled over a fire.
Total Time: 20
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless lamb loin
- Herb Salt
- 1/4 cup (approx.) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
InstructionsDice lamb into 1-inch cubes. Soak wood skewers in water at least 30 minutes or use metal skewers. Skewer lamb (about 6 pieces per skewer). Generously season meat with Herb Salt and grill on all sides to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side. Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- 1 pound coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped