Grilled Pork Kabobs
Fire up the barbecue for pork kabobs — a welcome change from the ubiquitous burgers and hot dogs. Serve with a green salad.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 to 8 thick slices Italian bread
Mix vinegar, oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and spices for marinade. Pour marinade over pork cubes, place in sealable plastic bag, and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Remove meat from marinade and thread onto skewers. Grill over hot coals, basting with reserved marinade, for about 4 minutes on each side. Serve by pulling meat off skewers onto slices of bread.