Fresh Basil and Tomato Frittata
This basil and tomato frittata can be served warm or at room temperature, making it ideal for entertaining, not to mention attractive and flavorful.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 ounces Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more whole leaves for garnish
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss cheddar cheese with flour. Place mixture in bottom of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over top.
Combine eggs and half-and-half, add Worcestershire sauce, mix well, and pour over cheeses. Sprinkle tomato and basil over egg mixture. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve hot or at room temperature.