Dried Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
InstructionsPreheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients except cranberries in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until combined and not too creamy. Then stir in cranberries.
Press dough evenly into an 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until firm and pale golden. Cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Remove and place on work surface. Use small 2" cookie cutter. Makes about a dozen cookies.