Double-Crusted Lemon Pie
This superb double-crusted lemon pie is smooth and light, with just the right hint of tartness.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup tap water
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Pastry for a doublecrust 9-inch pie (see Elaine's Pie Crust)
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons Crisco, to brush top crust
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk, to brush crust
- Sprinkling of flour; to brush top crust