Daikon and Carrot Salad
Alive with zesty flavor, this vegetable combination goes well with cold smoked turkey or veal pâté.
Yield: Serve 6
- 1 medium daikon, peeled and shredded
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese barbecue sauce
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions1. In a large salad bowl, combine the daikon carrots and Cilantro. Toss to mix thoroughly.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, and barbecue sauce. Blend in the oil. Pour the dressing over the daikon mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve by heaping spoonfuls.