Creamy, Cheesy Pasta Deluxe
Crusty bread and a salad is all that’s needed to make a satisfying and quick meal with this pasta dish.
Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 pound dry fettucine pasta or any long pasta
- 8-ounce cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 stick butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups grated cheese (freshly grated Parmesan cheese is my favorite)
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 can premium brand chunk breast of chicken, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes; drain. While pasta pot is boiling, cook cream cheese, butter, 2 cups grated cheese, minced garlic, zucchini and red bell pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until veggies are tender, about 7 minutes. Season with about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add drained chicken chunks and pasta, toss well to coat. Transfer to serving dish. Pass grated parmesan at the table.