Corn & Tomato Chowder
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (50 ml)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (50 ml)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp flour (30 ml)
- 2 cups peeled, chopped fresh tomatoes (500 ml)
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth (250 ml)
- 2 cups milk (500 ml)
- 2 cups kernel corn (500 ml)
- 1/2 tsp thyme (2 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 ml)
InstructionsSaute onions, celery and garlic in butter in a large pan.
Add flour & mix.
Add tomatoes, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce
heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
In a separate pan heat, but do not boil, milk (or you can heat
it in a microwave). Add heated milk and corn to the tomato
mix. Mix well. Add seasonings. Heat but do not boil.