Great luncheon or light supper idea.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt to taste
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1/2 cups crushed, seasoned crouton crumbs
Combine in medium bowl: chicken cream cheese, chives, milk, and salt. Mix by hand. Unroll crescent rolls. Each tube will contain four rectangles of dough with a diagonal perforation. Press dough along dotted lines so halves do not separate. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling. Pinch edges to seal tightly. Dip each packet in melted margarine. Coat with crouton crumbs. Place on baking sheet or baking stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.