Camper's Crunch Granola Bars
This recipe makes sensational almond-coconut-cranberry granola bars.
Total Time: 30
Yield: 10 bars
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, lightly toasted
- 1 cup quick oats, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 egg white, beaten
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting paper extend over sides. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, honey, brown sugar, and almond extract and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add cranberries. In a large bowl, toss toasted oats and almonds, coconut, and egg white. Add in butter mixture until fully combined. Using a spatula, press mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely. Using paper, lift from pan onto cutting surface. Cut into 10 bars.