Better Than Anything You’ve Tasted Cake
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 yellow or white cake mix, prepared in a 9x13 pan
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 3-ounce box instant vanilla pudding, prepared
- 1 cup coconut (1/2 cup set aside)
- 1 12-ounce container Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
InstructionsWhile cake is baking, simmer crushed pineapple with sugar.
When cake is done, immediately remove from oven and put holes in cake top using a fork.
Pour pineapple over top. Let cool on rack.
Mix vanilla pudding with 1/2 cup coconut and spread over pineapple.
Ice cake with Cool Whip. Sprinkle walnuts and remaining 1/2 cup coconut over the top and refrigerate at least 24 hours (48 hours is even better, to allow flavors to mingle).