Whipping up Beef Miratoni is a great way to use up leftover pot roast or roast beef. –Philbrook Farm Inn, Shelburne, New Hampshire
Yield: Serves 4
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock or consommé
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or catsup
- Salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
- Sliced leftover pot roast or roast beef
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
Simmer onions in butter, stirring often. Cook until golden. Sprinkle in flour and blend thoroughly. Add wine vinegar, beef stock, and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and touch of garlic and simmer 20 minutes.
Pour half sauce in bottom of baking dish. Add meat and cover with rest of sauce. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F until heated through.