Banana Split Cake
- 8 ice cream sandwiches
- 3 pints strawberry ice cream , softened
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce , warmed
- 1 cup heavy cream , whipped
- 1/3 cup walnuts ,chopped
- 1 ripe banana , peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish (optional)
InstructionsFor the cake: Chill 9-inch springform pan in freezer. Cut each ice cream sandwich in half lengthwise, then cut it in half crosswise to yield 4 pieces. Transfer sandwich pieces to plate and freeze until very firm. Line outer edge of chilled springform pan with sandwich pieces, arranging them lengthwise. Fill center of pan with strawberry ice cream and smooth surface. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, 2 hours or up to 1 week.
To serve: Remove cake from pan and transfer to serving platter. Spoon warmed fudge sauce onto center of cake and spread almost to edge. Dollop with whipped cream and top with nuts and sliced banana. Top with cherry, if desired.