Looking for fun fall activities in New England? Here’s a list of 15 of the best ways to celebrate the foliage season.
- Cook with apples. Try these recipes for apple pie, pandowdy, etc.
- Take a foliage drive. Choose your view from these scenic routes.
- Report the foliage color in your town. Maybe even win a prize!
- Liven up your home with these decorating ideas for pumpkins and Jack-o-Lanterns.
- Get pumpkin carving tips to make spectacular Jack-o-Lanterns.
- Get more mileage from your Jack-o-Lantern — cook the pumpkin seeds.
- Explore the Monadnock Region of New Hampshire.
- Read three classic Yankee articles about Mount Monadnock.
- Find more than 20 travel tips — “What the Yankee Locals Know” about our region.
- Bring New England colors inside your home.
- Plan an autumn picnic with a view.
- Toss a pumpkin on a giant catapult. The fun begins September 20.
- Root for veggies with these recipes for potatoes, onions, parsnips.
- Win a blue ribbon at the fair with these tips.
- Relish beets. Try this recipe for Beet Relish from our Best Cook.
The above fall activities in New England should keep you occupied for that season, but for the rest of the year, check out the following:
Best Winter Festivals in New England
Best Spring Events in New England
The Perfect Summer Vacation in New England