chicken tortilla soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crisco(R) No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Crisco(R) Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 can (15-1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Lime slices, optional
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a baking sheet and both sides of the corn tortillas with Crisco
No-Stick Cooking Spray. Slice the tortillas into strips; sprinkle lightly
with salt. Place on baking sheet; bake for 12-15 minutes or until crisp and
lightly browned. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or soup pot, heat Crisco Canola Oil over medium
high heat. Add onions and saute until soft. Add chicken, corn, beans,
tomatoes, chilis and taco seasoning; stir to combine. Add chicken broth;
stir. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, 10-15 minutes. Stir in lime
To serve, place a few tortilla strips into soup bowl; ladle soup over.
Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Top with remaining tortilla strips.
Garnish with sour cream and a lime slice.