Almond Coconut Brownies
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home Bulletin Board posted by cubbybear. It sounds too good not to share with you.
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter (no substitutes)
- 4 squares (1-ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
InstructionsIn a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; cool slightly. Add sugar. Stir in eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla.
Transfer to a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
InstructionsIn a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over cooled brownies.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
InstructionsIn another saucepan, combine chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
Chill brownies for 2 hours or until set before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.