All photos/art by Michael Piazza
Want to keep that summer vibe going all year long? Fine art and home goods from Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard evoke an off-the-mainland feeling in any season.
1.Unloading the Boat, an oil-on-wood-panel seascape by Traeger di Pietro($900), depicts a working fisherman in a beautiful setting. Traeger di Pietro, Vineyard Haven, MA. 617-828-9867; traegerdipietro.com
2. Jennifer McCurdy wheel-throws, then hand-shapes and carves, her exquisite porcelain vessels (“Coral Nest” set and “Wind Bowl” shown here; call for pricing), which are delicately detailed yet as strong as the natural elements that inspire them. Jennifer McCurdy, Vineyard Haven, MA. 508-627-0443; jennifermccurdy.com
3. The Clay Art Studio’s ceramic canisters ($125-$200, or $495 the set), hand-built from slab and inspired by Nantucket’s cobblestone streets, are part of owner Barbara Toole’s “All in Blue” collection. The Clay Art Studio, Nantucket, MA. 508-228-2376; clayartstudioack.com
4. These 100% soy candles ($29.50 each) from Naturally Nantucket capture fresh scents named for different seasons and places onthe island. Naturally Nantucket, Nantucket, MA. 508-228-6245; naturallynantucket.net
5. Mohair throws ($365 each) in off-white and ice-blue look cool enough for summer–yet provide a layer of warmth on chilly island nights. Nantucket Looms, Nantucket, MA. 508-228-1908; nantucketlooms.com
6. The widely known decoupage artist Leslie Linsley also designs pillows, including this cotton chintz “Compass Rose” (18″ $125, 22″ $145) pattern. Leslie Linsley Nantucket, Nantucket, MA. 508-325-4900; leslielinsley.com