This autumn serving tray is perfect for delivering coffee, cider, or breakfast in bed.
Materials to Make Autumn Serving Tray
- 2 sheet of leaves — choose from yellow leaves, red leaves, or brown leaves.
- 3 sheets of textured background
- 1 frame, 181/8” L x 141/8” W x 13/8” H
- 1 bottle autumn-gold acrylic paint
- Mod Podge sealer/glue
- foam paintbrushes
- ruler and pencil
- drill fitted with 1/4-inch bit
- 2 handles with screws
- window cleaner and soft cloth
Directions to Assemble Autumn Serving Tray
1) Gather Leaves and Backgrounds
Download them using the links above and print. Use sharp scissors to cut out several leaves; then set them aside.
2) Take the Frame Apart
Place the glass and backing in a safe place and give the frame a coat of autumn-gold acrylic paint. Let dry thoroughly and repeat.
3) Make the Surface of the Tray
Paint the frame backing completely with Mod Podge. Piece and place textured background to cover the surface completely. Brush the back of each leaf with Mod Podge and place randomly on the tray surface, with leaf points arrayed in different directions. Let dry thoroughly.
4) Attach Handles
Measure the shorter edges of the frame and place pencil marks where the screws for the handles will go. Drill the holes. Place handles over holes and secure with screws.
5) Assemble the Tray
Clean the glass with a soft cloth sprayed with window cleaner.
For more projects, go to: matthewmeadstyle.com. His two latest books, Halloween Tricks and Treats and Entertaining Simple, will be published this fall.