Electronics were a hot ticket this holiday. iPads, iPhones, Kindles and Nooks — anything with a touch screen was a big hit! To keep your reader safe from the elements, make a tablet cover from felt. This will not only protect your screen, but also allow you to carry your new device in style.
Instructions to Make a Tablet Cover
- You are essentially creating an envelope, with a flap and ribbon closure.
- Cut a piece of felt approximately 1/2 inch longer on each side than your device (this allows for room to sew the sides).
- Width-wise, double the measurement of your device and add 4-5 inches for a flap.
- Measure two pieces of ribbon (as long as you want so that you can tie into a bow.
- Pin the sides of the felt together so that you can see where the ribbon will fit.
- Pin the ribbon in place, unpin the sides, and sew the ribbons to the felt.
- Sew the sides together- and you are finished. Use the pictures above and below as a guide.