We had the pumpkins and potted plants covered, but our front entryway needed something more for Halloween. Using a simple clip-art template, and some black felt, I created a spooky bat garland, that added a bit more Halloween fun to our home.
Materials to make Halloween Bat Garland:
- Black felt
- Needle and black embroidery thread
- Print-out of bat clip-art — find bat clip-art here.
Instructions to make Halloween Bat Garland:
- Print, and cut out your paper bat pattern, and pin it to your felt.
- Cut out 6-8 felt bats, and using your needle, string them all on one long, continuous piece of thread.
- Use thumb tacks, or small nails to hang them above your doorway, or across your mantel!
This post was first published in 2011 and has been updated.