Veggie Kabobs in a Curry Yogurt Sauce
Taken from Stonyfield Farms Yogurt data base.
These flavorful kebobs are simply great. Try substituting in some of your favorite veggies or even smoked tofu.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut in 1 inch dice
- 1 small red onion peeled halved and cut in thick wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and then into 6 equal pieces
- 6/12 oyster mushrooms (depends on size) or 6 medium button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pound extra firm tofu cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2-3 bunches scallion, cut in 1 inch lengths like barrels
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons scallion green part
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
InstructionsSoak skewers. Thread veggies and tofu onto either 6 or 12 skewers depending on length alternating colors and tastes.
Combine all ingredients for sauce in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender puree to a smooth consistency. Use approx 1/2 the sauce as a marinade for the skewers.
Get your grill ready and when you have a good medium high heat going, brush grill clean and lightly oil. Remove skewers from marinade and cook until nicely seared on both sides and tender, approx 4-5 minutes. Use remaining sauce to drizzle over skewers before serving.