twice baked potatoes
- Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Serves 8.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper
- About 2 cups grated mild Cheddar cheese
Instructions1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub potatoes clean and prick skins with a
fork. Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until a fork easily penetrates the flesh
of the potato.
2. Allow potatoes to cool for 10 minutes or so, but not too long. While
potatoes are still hot, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop potato insides into a
large bowl, reserving the skins on a baking sheet.
3. Add the butter, cut into small pieces, to the potatoes and mix well using
an electric mixer on medium speed. Be sure the butter melts and mixes well
with the potatoes.
4. Add the milk and the sour cream, mixing well, until light and fluffy. Add
salt and pepper and mix once more.
5. Scoop mixture back into potato skins. Do not overfill skins. Top with
grated cheese and heat in a 350-degree oven until cheese is melted and
potatoes are warmed through, about 15 minutes.
Note: I sometimes add chopped green onions to the potato mixture. If
children are eating, however, I omit the onions.