Triple-Chocolate Nut Cookies
These cookies give a full measure of chocolate, bite-for-bite; sure to delight any chocoholic.
Yield: About 3 dozen.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
InstructionsMelt the semisweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Smooth with a whisk and remove from heat. (Chocolate can also be melted in a microwave oven for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until smooth when stirred.) Cream the butter, gradually adding the sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Fold in the melted chocolate. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, and stir into the creamed ingredients. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll the dough into 1-1/2-inch balls and place onto greased cookie sheets, leaving room between them. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool briefly on sheets, then transfer cookies to a rack to cool.