Another good change-of-pace hors d’oeuvre — and an easy one to prepare. The mint reveals its Lebanese origin.
Yield: Ample hors d'oeuvre for 4.
- 1 cucumber, finely minced
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, minced
- 1 large bunch Italian parsley, finely minced
- 1/2 cup coarse bulgur wheat, soaked in about 1/2 cup water for 1 hour and squeezed dry
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons dried or 4 tablespoons fresh spearmint
- 4 green onions, with stalks, minced