Sweet and Tangy Beef and Rice
I came up with this on a whim … simply curious to try something different to break up the monotony of basic ground beef recipes. The brown sugar/Worcestershire sauce blend creates a unique tangy flavor.
Yield: Approximately 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 green pepper, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Dash of garlic powder, or season to taste
- Salt and pepper, season to taste
- Optional: cayenne pepper for a "kick"
InstructionsBrown the beef in oil and Worcestershire sauce. Add brown sugar and spices, and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the onions, pepper and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes (I cook them just enough to maintain crispiness).
Add the cooked rice and stir until well mixed over low heat. (Optional: simply spoon on top of the rice)