Stir-Fried Radishes with Green Onions
Thinly sliced radishes are combined with green onions and cooked lightly. Finished with melted butter, they make a delicious partner for grilled meat.
Yield: Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches red radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
Instructions1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the radishes and toss to coat. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds. Add the onions and sprinkle on the water. Continue stirring over high heat until the water evaporates and the radishes are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat.
2. Season with salt and pepper, then add the butter. Toss until the butter is melted and serve immediately.