Steamed Mussels with Herb, Wine and Cream Sauce
Yield: Serves 4-6
- 4 dozen mussels, washed and cleaned well
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch fresh thyme
- Pinch fresh dill
- 1 cup heavy cream (not whipping cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
InstructionsIn a covered Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook oysters with white wine, garlic, and herbs. Bring liquid to a simmer and steam until shells open.
Remove mussels from pot. Add cream, salt, and pepper to pot; simmer, uncovered, until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
To serve, pour equal portions of sauce into soup bowls. Arrange mussels on top; garnish with parsley.