Sautéed fish filets topped with a mustard and wine sauce.
Yield: Serves 4-6.
- 2-1/2 pounds filet of sole
- 3 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 5 ounces butter
- 4 ounces leeks, sliced
- 5 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
- 2-1/2 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Dip fish into egg wash, then flour. Heat 4 ounces butter in large sauté pan. When butter bubbles, place fish in pan; remove when golden brown on both sides. In same pan sauté leeks, water chestnuts, and artichoke hearts until golden. Add wine and reduce liquid by one third; add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and mustard. Pour over fish.