slow cooker chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium-size onions, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Tortilla chips, optional
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned. Crumble in turkey; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until turkey cooks through.
2. Place turkey mixture in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in diced tomatoes, kidney beans, baked beans, tomato sauce, corn, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.