Roasted Turnips and Apples
Total Time: 40
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 pounds turnips or rutabagas, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds apples, cored, peeled, and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary, stems removed
InstructionsHeat oven to 350°. Toss onions, turnips or rutabagas, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large roasting pan or rimmed sheet pan; season with salt and pepper, cover with aluminum foil, and roast 50 minutes, or until the turnips just begin to soften.
Uncover and add apples and rosemary, then toss with the vegetables. Roast 20 minutes more, or until the vegetables are lightly caramelized and tender. Toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.